The JVC KY-F1030U is equipped with all the features and functionality to meet the demands of high resolution imaging in a wide variety of applications. The basic concept is “Easy to Use”. The rapid data transfer rate via IEEE1394 of the SXGA images produces quick and simple imaging. The JVC matrix gives true colour rendition. The camera is complete with KY-LINK software, OHCI and TWAIN drivers and a firewire card. A real turnkey system for high resolution digital imaging.
The system is also suitable for lap top computers providing an IEEE1394 4 pin (i-link) port is available. The camera will also require a transformer power source for lap top use. This is not required for PC installation as the camera power is supplied via the firewire connection.
The minimum computer specification is Pentium 3: 1Ghz, 128 RAM running Windows 2000, Millenium or XP, although Pentium 4 1.6Ghz, 256 RAM would be preferred
• 1360 x 1024 SXGA resolution camera which is equivalent to 800 TV lines. 1/3 inch interline transfer CCD.
• Output available in both digital and analogue forms for flexibility.
• IEEE1394 interface 400Mbs high speed transfer provides native SXGA with 7.5 fps live image on PC.
• TWAIN compliant. OHCI drivers included
• Global standard digital camera protocol IIDC Ver. 1.30 compliant.
• Simple IEEE1394 6-pin single cable solution embracing image capture, camera control and DC power connection to PC (lap top requires transformer).
• KY-LINK image manipulation software.
• Effective pixel resolution 1.45 million.
• CCTV adapters for all trinocular heads in the Brunel range of microscopes - and most others.
• Superb results particularly with the quality optics of the Meiji microscopes.
The technical specification of the KY-F1030U may appear complex to those without IT expertise, however the system is very simple to use in practice. Load the software, connect the camera to the microscope and the computer, turn it all on and capture superb resolution images with stunning colour rendition straight away. Quality of this type does not come cheap, but for those with the budget resource - the results will speak for themselves.
KY-F1030U Colour Camera - Price £2495
STK Fire wire card, software, TWAIN drivers etc: Price - £595
Power supply for lap top use - Price £195