Visit our safety website www.microscopysafety.co.uk
As with many interests, photography, gardening, decorating, etc chemicals are often used which have the potential for harm if not used responsibly.
Some of the kit contents or solutions that Brunel Microscopes supply fall into this category.
Where appropriate a COSHH sheet is always referenced when orders are despatched. This details the information about these substances that we have to provide you with by law.
Isopropyl Alcohol and Toluene are included in may of our kits – both are inflammable and hazardous if swallowed or splashed into the eyes or mouth. Both can also irritate the skin and gloves should be worn when handling.
The purpose of this web page is to inform those not familiar with these substances the potential harm if not used as advised. However, the intention is not to cause undue alarm, and it is important when reading these safety notices to bear in mind that there are many commonly used household products that are potentially more dangerous then the chemicals supplied in our kits – toilet bleach, kettle de-
Please observe the following general code of practice in addition to any specific advice or information contained in the relevant Data Safety Sheets. Brunel Microscopes Ltd cannot be held responsible for harm caused by the inappropriate use of reagents supplied individually or with kits.
1. Brunel Microscopes, wax embedding, fixative, mountants and staining kits are not suitable for use by children under 16 years of age – even if supervised. Children should only be allowed observer status from a safe distance.
2. Please note all hazard warning labels on all reagents supplied.
3. Never eat, smoke or use naked flames when carrying out procedures involving these kits.
4. The kitchen is not an appropriate environment for the use of kits containing chemicals.
5. It is strongly advised that all reagents should be stored in a locked cupboard in a secure outbuilding or garage – small drips from tins or bottles could damage paintwork / furniture / work surfaces.
6. Always keep all chemicals well away from children at all times. Similar advice applies to pets.
7. The wearing of gloves and protection spectacles is recommended.
8. Wash off accidental spillages on the skin with plenty of cold water. Splashes to the eyes or mouth should be washed with cold water.
9. In the event of unintentional swallowing of any chemicals supplied, seek medical advice immediately.
10. Use fluids in well ventilated areas – some can have an irritant effect of eyes and nose.
11. If you have any further concerns relating to safety please consult our safety website or contact Brunel Microscopes 01249 462655 for advice.
We treat safety very seriously and have a web site specifically designed to provide information and Safety Data Sheets on all the reagents that we supply.
All electrical products are CE certificated and PAT tested before despatch.
Please visit out safety website for further information www.microscopysafety.co.uk
Brunel Microscopes Ltd
Registered in U.K. (England) No: 2060047
find us on youtube, facebook and twitter
Web Trading Policy
|Public Display Microscopes|
|Leica @ Brunel|
|Nikon @ Brunel|
|Meiji @ Brunel|
|Pocket microscopes /hand lenses|
|Long arm Stereos|
|Inspection & QC Stereos|
|High Power Digital|
|Handheld & Desk Top|
|Slides and Coverslips|
|Solvents and Reagents|
|Downloads & Factsheets|